I’d like to call this collage “Ode to the days of Coca Cola and icecream!”
One main purpose of this blog is to keep myself and others aware of the progress made through healing my family through nutrition. This blog will hopefully keep me accountable and make it harder to fall off the wagon.
I really appreciate all who may follow and those who comment.
I would like to make mention of a few noticeable symptoms I have noticed, just from day 2 of no sugar, gluten or dairy. (Following the Wahl’s Protocol, I will share a few links to this diet at the bottom of the page).
- Last night I was fatigued, almost lethargic (more than usual, anyway) (day 1)
- I woke up with NO pain in my jaw (usually I can’t turn my head on my pillow without going in slow motion and having excruciating pain. NO PAIN there this morning and it has yet to return. However, I am still feeling the same amount of pain in my fingers, wrists and elbows.
- my annoying heart palpitations returned today (haven’t experienced them since December, 2014)
- a little pain from gas (all those veggies)
- My daughter’s blood sugars have been phenomenal, as expected with the Paleo Diet.
- My son has not experienced any changes as of yet with his HS.
Last night’s dinner…(only missing lemon, which I squeezed into the collards).
It was delicious!
hmm…well, the kombucha might take some getting used to! You don’t want to know what my son thought it tasted like!
My son, has been experiencing an overgrowth of yeast because of the antibiotics they have him on for his HS. I found some amazing stuff from the whole foods store that is clearing it up! Aquaflora, High Potency 9, Broad-Spectrum Relief for Candida. I also bought him tea tree oil scrub, and essential oil for washing his face. He is seeing some difference, I hope the aquaflora also contributes to clearing up his face as well as being on such a clean diet!
Sadly, this is typically where you will find my son.
I have always been afraid to take the drugs that the doctor’s prescribe me for my RA. They are very strong and suppress the immune system. I have paid the price in deformities…
LEFT HAND, stiff wrist and not much mobility (above)
RIGHT HAND, two “frozen” fingers and well, you see.
I want to thank you for taking a look at my blog today. If you would like any extra information about specifics with the type 1 diabetes, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, gout, atrial fibrillation, or hidradenitis suppurative, please leave a comment or message me.
Some useful links…
MS clinical focus the Wahl’s Protocol
Wahl’s Protocol Book on Amazon, By: Terry Wahls M.D.
Minding Your Mitochondria TEDx
The Paleo Mom
Phoenix Helix (Paleo, AIP)
Hidradenitis SUPPORT and AWARENESS video
Some more useful links…